Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Weekend on a Wednesday

 I knew we were going to have a little ice storm last night, so i made an early decision to notify my colleagues that I would not report to work today. I think it was a very good decision! My rationale was sound; since the danger zone was going to be between dinnertime last night and travel time this morning, i have to walk several blocks to catch my ride, and i needed to be back early tonight to co-teach a class, it seemed like the easiest, smartest, and safest thing to do.

The added bonuses include my opportunity to sleep till sunrise this morning, having extra snuggle time with my cat, and having some quiet time to tidy my living space, since i'll be out galavanting this weekend for another volunteer organization event.

I kind of wish i could have a weekend on a Wednesday more often! How about you? when do you claim your weekend, and how do you spend it?

No comments:

Post a Comment