Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Love Without Limits

I had the opportunity to spend some time at an event known as Mercy Weekend. I found it to be a very positive experience, because it was bigger than any label we choose (or lose) when we try to describe our faith. I happen to have grown up a little "Protestant" (no denomination) girl who just shared the universal language of loving mercy with around 14,000 Catholic pilgrims in Stockbridge, MA at the National Shrine of the Divine Mercy.

My mother blessed me with the simple explanation of her faith when i was little: "I'm a Christian, period. I don't need a label to connect with Jesus." My parents also blessed me with the freedom to attend a variety of services so that I could grow in my own faith without becoming overly concerned with choosing one denomination. My God has blessed me with friends from many faith traditions including those not Christian or practicing. I treasure that we can come together on common ground in mutual respect and understanding rather than be divided by earthly constructs. I value the opportunity to continue to learn and grow, and plan to reflect on this more in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment