Thursday, January 22, 2015

Encouraged!

     Not long ago, a coworker friend asked me, "Do you have a blog?" She told me she would subscribe and I realized I have been neglecting our worldwide audience. I truly could not believe more than a year had passed since i'd made a public post. I never stopped writing in my brain or on paper, but i still have to work at scheduling the public sharing. Today I write with renewed excitement believing there is someone out there who wants to hear what i have to say. Today I write with renewed enthusiasm to encourage you to do what makes you happy and to make the world a better place.
     One of my best friends posted an inquiry on social media about a major fundraising event involving a physical, emotional and personal challenge with a simple link to the page and the words, "Who's in?" I wanted to jump right in, but of course i wanted some details, too. I had to dig through a couple of pages to find the financial "minimum" and was a little scared by the number. Then i took a breath. I looked at the calendar and realized how much time we have before an event date. Perhaps most importantly, I thought about all the people i know living each day of their lives with something difficult and the choice they make to continue to survive and thrive. I get nervous about fundraising because i don't want to make other people uncomfortable. It's hard to ask someone if you know they don't really have much to spare. I also get excited about the possibilities when we start small and combine our efforts. My mind and heart are leaping this morning with ideas to try as i move forward this year on some major fundraising adventures. Here's what i posted on social media: "2015 might just be the Year of the Fundraiser. Since i can't do all of them, i choose among multiple factors including knowing someone living the fight, my ability to make a difference, and my conviction that the cause is legit. Please help when, where, and how you can and stay tuned to what matters to you."
     Thanks for being you and for what you do. Thanks for joining me for part of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment