Sunday, April 29, 2012

Always Something New to Try!

...be it a recipe, project, book to read, place to visit, or something else, I find that I am continuously discovering new things to try. Today's discovery was a recipe for pinto bean fudge. I created a keyword search for pinto bean recipes and encountered several dessert recipes that include pinto beans. I am so intrigued, I may just have to try making brownies or fudge with pinto beans. What a clever way to include more fiber in a fun way. I wonder what my dad would think? I'm not sure I'd tell anyone not allergic till AFTER they try the treats. What do you think?

It reminds me of the miniature carrot drop cookies my mother made when i was little. I absolutely must determine where i saved that recipe because I want them rather badly. I remember taking these to school, complete with a sweet orange glaze icing, and sharing them with friends but not telling them till after they said "YUM!" that they actually had carrots in them! Leave it to a mom to make something "good for you" taste good enough to get people to actually eat it.

I have a few other tasks this week to which i must attend, but i promise to update with candid commentary regarding anything i try with the pintos. I welcome your suggestions and favorites, as well.

Have a bright week!

No comments:

Post a Comment